Acctivate Mobile Warehouse Management Software (WMS) Installation Overview
Acctivate Mobile WMS is designed to provide real-time access to certain Acctivate functions on supported Android and Windows Mobile device. We’re very confident that you will find Acctivate Mobile WMS to be a powerful productivity tool for your company.
Professional assistance may be required.
Acctivate Mobile WMS was designed to be installed and configured by a Microsoft networking professional that has experience with web services, the Microsoft Web Server component (IIS) and other networking processes. We strongly urge you to consult with a professional network administrator or Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) regarding this installation, especially if Acctivate is installed on a remote or hosted server.
Please refer to the Acctivate System Requirements before proceeding.
Acctivate Mobile Web Service
This is a common step which must be performed for both Android and Windows Mobile versions of Acctivate Mobile.
- You must have the Microsoft Web Server component, also known as Internet Information Services (IIS) installed and running on the computer where you would like to install Acctivate Mobile WMS. Please refer to our Installation Resource page for instructions on installing the Web Server (IIS) component.
- The Acctivate Mobile web service is typically installed on the main Windows Server that is also running Acctivate and Microsoft SQL Server. However, Acctivate WMS can be installed on any computer that has access to an Acctivate installation path, whether locally (e.g., "C:\Program Files (x86)\Acctivate") or over the network (by sharing another computer's Acctivate directory). The New Install package will create a web service that processes Acctivate transactions from the mobile devices.
- Download and execute the Acctivate Mobile New Install package from downloads.
- You will be prompted for the location of the Acctivate software. Acctivate will typically be located at C:\Program Files (x86)\Acctivate
- Accept the terms of the Acctivate License then click Next.
- Choose a web server Virtual Directory for Acctivate Mobile WMS. The default is AcctHandheld, but this can be changed. The Virtual Directory will appear in the URL for the web service (e.g., http://192.168.1.123/AcctHandheld/ or http://ServerName/AcctHandheld/).
- Click Install to begin the installation and configuration of the Acctivate Mobile WMS web service.
- The Acctivate Web Service should now be accessible in a web browser by navigating to http://localhost/AcctHandheld/ or by using the web service URL for the server (see step 4 for examples). It may take longer than usual to load the Acctivate Web Service status page for the first time.
The web service URL will be written to the Web Service section of the Configuration Manager. It's recommended that you confirm that this URL is correct. If it's not the correct URL, you can edit the entry.
Ensuring the correct URL is stored will aid in the setup of Acctivate on your mobile devices by making the web service easily accessible from within Acctivate. To view the web service URL, in Acctivate, navigate to File → Set Up Mobile Device
Acctivate Mobile can be run on supported Android Devices.
- On the server, perform the Acctivate Mobile Web Service installation.
- On your Android device, open the Google Play app and search for Acctivate.
- Press Download to begin the download and install process.
Once the installation is complete, you will be prompted to enter in the Web Server URL for the Acctivate Mobile Web Service:
- In the desktop installation of Acctivate, open File → Set Up Mobile Device.
- Scan the QR code on screen or type in the URL.
- Click Test Connection to confirm it's correct. Click the back arrow.
- You can now login to Acctivate Mobile
If your Android device does not come loaded with the Google Play app, you can sideload the app. Open a web browser on the device and navigate to the web service URL found in File → Set Up Mobile Device. You will see a link to download the APK. After the APK has been downloaded, locate it in the downloads directory of the device and click it to begin the installation.
Windows Mobile Install
Acctivate Mobile can be run on supported Windows Mobile Devices.
The Acctivate Mobile WMS client software must be installed on each Windows Mobile device. This software communicates with the Acctivate Web Service. Your device(s) must have a TCP/IP network connection to the Acctivate Web Service over port 80 (or 443 for SSL). These connections are typically made over WiFi. Bluetooth and other network connection methods are not recommended.
- On the server, perform the Acctivate Mobile Web Service installation.
- Open Internet Explorer on the Windows Mobile device(s) and navigate to the Acctivate Mobile WMS Web Service URL which can be found in File → Set Up Mobile Device.
- Click the Install link. You may receive a security warning at this point due to the Windows security settings for the newly configured Web Server (IIS). Please follow any instructions to adjust the settings of the Acctivate Mobile WMS Web Service.
- Follow the instructions on the next page, clicking “here” to download the Acctivate Mobile WMS client install package.
- You will be prompted to Save the AcctivateInstaller.exe file. The "Save As" dialog will appear next, simply click Save again. Please choose "Yes" if prompted to replace an existing file with the same name.
- Close Internet Explorer on the mobile device, then open File Explorer from the Start Menu.
- Scroll down then tap the AcctivateInstaller at the bottom of the list. The install process should begin automatically.
- You may be prompted to Choose a location to install if your device has removable storage (e.g., microSD card). We recommend that you install Acctivate on the Device if possible. If you’re presented with other options like “on application” or “on cache disk”, disregard these and install on the device.
If the installer asks to reboot, choose Cancel and let the installer continue. Rebooting will cause the installation to not continue.
- The Acctivate Mobile WMS client software includes multiple third-party components. Click OK after each component is successfully installed. The OK button located at the top-right of the window in the same location as the X button to close the Acctivate installer. Carefully tap the OK button ONCE when prompted, to avoid canceling the entire process.
You may also be prompted to restart your device after installing one or more of the components. Ignore this prompt and continue with installation.
- You should see the Install complete message after all required components are installed. Click OK to close the installer and OK again to close the File Explorer.
Acctivate Mobile WMS is now installed on your device!
- Tap the Windows Start button on the Mobile device and choose Programs. Some devices will take you directly to the Programs list.
- Tap Acctivate in the Programs list and wait a few seconds for the login window to appear.
- Select your Company from the drop-down and provide your Acctivate credentials and click Login.
The "No Scanner Found" message (see above) indicates that the Windows Mobile device either does not have a barcode reader or it is not supported by Acctivate Mobile WMS. Please review the Acctivate Mobile section of our system requirements for more a list of supported barcode readers.